Monday 30 September 2013

First series of photos

We were asked to take a few photos about something that we found interesting. I decided to take photos of my bike, which I find interesting because it is an incredibly complicated and precise machine, held together by a fragile balance of all the parts fitting, and you being able to balance. This is something you, or I, never consider when riding; a bike just works, you do not have to sit and consider it. To illustrate these thoughts, I took out my bike, and took super close up macro shots of the bike. I wanted the bike to be seen as a series of parts all linking together, and to focus on parts which we might not give thought to. I also wanted the bike to seem alien, not apparently a bike, which is why it was so close up; with this, I hoped this would re-invent the image of a bike not just as a thing of transport, but as a beautiful and intricate contraption. I used a very low depth of field, and edited the photos so they had a similar blue color (this is because my bike is spray painted blue and I wanted the color of the sky to match)






I think these photos work together, as they show abstract images which build together to make a bike. I wanted to make a feeling of learning to get to know your bike. I think next time, I would have taken these photos in a more enclosed environment, as the background is kind of distracting- it should be one color. If i had more time I might take photos will riding also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment