Thursday 2 January 2014

Display

Have been thinking about display, and there seems to be lots of ideas. I was looking back at some other projects I studied, here are a few photos from them. I like the first one because it makes it very obvious that there are disposable cameras- each set of photos of below this. The next, from the Bright Bennial, I liked because it was a traditional gallery, but it also had lots of little light boxes so you could look at photos by yourself. This was interactive and personal- i liked this lots.



This one has to be my favorite though- the room is covered, the photos hang in all directions on washing lines, like memories ready to be taken in. It look beautiful and allows for interactive participation.

Anyway, I decided to do a mock idea of what I drew below. here are the results:
What I wanted is a visually nice looking thing with access to people so they can take out the photos and discover. Obviously, they will hanging in the middle of the room on three poles, not one. I quite like it- it replicates the experience people have when they find the cameras, as well as making an interactive found photography style. Not sure how visually interesting it is though. For now, however, I think this is my final idea. I like that it replicates what happens outside, the found photography aspect of the project, and I like that you have to take the photos out, and look at them individually; this will evoke personal feelings and memories. It will ask people to stop and take in each set of photos, to hold the photos- this will make them feel special. I have cameras in there too for effect, not sure whether I will in the finished one; i quite like it as a way to evoke what people on the street found, but it does take away from the photos. not sure! For now, this design, but with three poles and a lot more photos will be what I will focus on as a final idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment