Thursday 10 October 2013

Feedback!

I got some good feedback from my project. A lot of people liked it, and there were several good ideas about how to show the work- my favorite was an idea of voyeurism (something I hadn't even thought to go with my project) and about a way to show it where you looked through glasses or something. I was thinking maybe I could take one of those viewing telescopes from Brighton (or hire it, you know) and try and make a slideshow in it. If I was doing this in relation to childhood, it would be like viewing your childhood (with an object you only use, really, in your childhood) I really liked this idea!

Other ideas- A lot of people mentioned Humans of New York (i mentioned him earlier) because he talks to people on the street, and gets their idea. There is also a ted talk to look at him.

-idea of the gaze.

-idea of photos being "more pure" if an amateur takes them.

-Matthew Brady/Martin Parr to look at

-community theories; who makes a community etc etc

-project to look at- disposable camera project, Tina goes shopping, Henri Latigue, izismile.com

-Idea of the "other"

I has lots of good feedback, which was awesome! The main concern is that I find a group to focus on, which I will do now. I was wondering if i could do a pre-shoot, in Brighton, by approaching people and asking them to photograph themselves in any way they want... Might get some strange shots from that, and maybe an idea of this. I will now look at all of these suggestions of documentary and photographers, and try to get some more research into ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment