Saturday 21 December 2013


I got some more feedback; a lot of people said that they really like the photos because they make them feel warm and fuzzy, because they awake feelings of normal-ness and people being people. I also had the feedback that they were interested in the selfie aspect- they felt that people always wanted to be present in the photograph, that it sort of makes a reality through the medium.
A lot of people also suggested that the analogue feel made the photos seem more significant and lovely; the fact that you can hold the photos in their hand, and that there are only 12 in a roll, make them seem more important.
Tomorrow, I am going to hang up a new camera in oxford and hope to have a few more photos soon.

I showed people the idea about putting the photo in photo frames too, and most people seemed to not really get why I would do that. I was thinking therefore that I might have to re-think about ideas about how to show it. i was remembering a photo project which looked like this:


There are photos everywhere- on clothes pegs and on the walls; they are surrounded by images. This looks nice and can be linked to theory. However, it doesn't seem to link that much to my idea. I was thinking, I could just cover a wall in the photo booklets, or i could do what I was first inspired to do; like the "Beautiful horizons" project- give people a light box and let them look at the negatives. I really liked this aspect of this gallery and project. This wouldn't be too hard to do, and I could also decorate an area with the photos to illustrate.
Then again, what seems to touch people most about the project is that they can hold the photos, that the photos look like from their own archives. Most people don't have a light box at home, so this takes away from that experience. It also doesn't really link to the ideas about behavior around cameras.
What might be cool is a photo booth thing; like, you go inside and get ready to take a photo and then the other photos appear on the screen, which might suggest a sort of sameness between people. This is impossible, though.
Maybe I could attach disposable cameras on the wall INSIDE the gallery and ask people to take photos of themselves. Inside the plastic wallets, I would have each photo album hanging. I could then ask people to look inside and look at the photos; they would be able to see how they might behave, and how others did.
This is a good idea!!!
Here is a drawn example:



No comments:

Post a Comment