Tuesday 19 November 2013




What I imagine goes through the head of someone when they find a camera:

What is that?
Why this there a camera hanging up?
Who is this for?
What do they want me to take a photo of?
What SHALL i take a photo of?
If i take a photo of myself, how does the photographer expect me to pose?
How do i normally pose in photographs?
What does this situation (in public) mean for how I pose in this photograph?
What have others done?
Is anyone watching? (photographer included)
I am being asked to take a photo, does it matter that I don't know for?
Is this creepy?
I am being asked to take a photo, does this mean I have to be arty?
I want to be in the photo, what is the best way to do this?
Ask someone or selfie?
How do I want myself to be represented?
How does the photographer expect me to be represented?
Do i have everything I want in the frame?
Is the film Ok?



I saw this photo project also:

It's a similar thing, except they give people who ask for the cameras, and then they only show two- so you have to construct and think about photos. This means that the photos are treasured and thought about, and are meaningful. My project will be different; I guess that people will take photos quickly as opposed to trying to say something. This is an interesting difference between projects; i want to show how disposable self image is, while they want to highlight how important each image is, and to get people to stop and think. I quite like this idea. Maybe at some point I should ask people in the street to take a photo of something they think is beautiful. This would be beautiful!
The project wont let me copy any photos, but they are worth seeing!




No comments:

Post a Comment